View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 08:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
cayceemae

new here, advice needed

Hi
my husband is an alcoholic and im at my wits end.
when our son was born 3 years ago - he was at his worst and 2 days before our sons due date, he was arrested for DUI. Our son was born 2 weeks late and we were released from the hospital the day my husband lost his licence.
Since then he has made a progression, getting it down to once a week - which makes weekends miserable at our house. He drinks all friday night and then is hungover and rude to me and sometimes our son all weekend. I'm pregnant again and due halloween and he's backsliding. His anger and depression are worse and i want him in councelling. Last night i got so angry with him, i packed his bags. after he got home, he threatened to kill us. i ended up sleeping in our sons room with his bed against the door just in case. my husband has never been physically violent with us but i don't know what he will do when he's drunk.
I can't continue this, not with looking after 2 kids almost totally by myself. I've caught him lying alot about his drinking - even lied to me about staying out all night - he told me in the morning that he had been at the hospital because he tried to kill himself - he later admitted it was a lie so i wouldn't get mad at him being out all night.
Sorry for the huge post. I'm looking at advice at how i can get him to get help. he won't do the AA meetings - doesn't feel he fits in there. i'm just lost.