View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 07:42 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
daisy2

Originally Posted by LaFemme View Post
Way to go Daisy! Would love to hear more about your path...sounds a little like mine and I am amways looking to learn!
Hi! I will probably post more in another thread once i make my official "year".... a week from today.... but feel free to mesage me with any questions if you like. When I quit drinking this past time,I also shortly thereafter went through an extremely painful breakup, followed by depression, but through that really just decided that I would never again screw things in my life up that much because of drinking. It's a very powerful choice, and i think you kind of know when you are there... in the past year i have been really paying attention to eating & sleeping habits, getting professional help when necessary, stress reducing activities(yoga, exercise, meditation, etc) have really helped me, as did coming up with what to say in social situations ahead of time. also positively reinforcing my decision and my choice and being confident that i can do this, and the consequences if i decide to stray. drinking is just not an option. hope that helps...