View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 06:09 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
DayTrader
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Ya know PW, looking back at them, my DUI's were a blessing in disguise. The punishment sucks... not gonna sugar coat that...but I'll say this, the actual punishment handed out by the court wasn't as painful as the fear in my head leading up to my court dates.

Go easy on yourself - maybe you're an alcoholic. If so, short of getting recovered, DUI's are part of the game for most of us. Not everyone get 'em.....some alcoholics have to just drink and drink and drink and figure out that they're alcoholic without getting forced by a judge to consider it.

I've had 3 1/2 years without a license, can't own a car, and spent somewhere around $20-30k on my last 2 DUI's (#2 and #3) but I can say this with all honesty - I'm glad I got 'em. I've got my life back now....and I've got a shot at making it better from here. Were it not for getting arrested and being forced to look at my alcoholism, I can't imagine how messed up my life would be right now. I'd probably still be drinking....if I were still alive.