Old 09-22-2010, 04:51 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
MichelleAL

Thanks all.

My husband is doing well at his practice. He only gets angry at me occasionally. To everyone else he is friendly and outgoing, even though he is introverted. His face lights up when he sees kids and he relates to them well. He's still functioning fine with his practice. I know since I'm a nurse and type his notes.

He is sad and stressed because of business things. His business has been rough for yrs. So bad that we didn't get paid for 6 months out of the yr for 2 yrs in a row. Only the last 2yrs have been fine and I think he's still spooked that the bad yrs will return again. He didn't get paid because he spent too much building a building with his partner and when it came time to pay overhead, there wasn't enough money left over to bring home. Now the money is fine, not great, but we can live.

HE drinks to relieve this stress. It would be difficult to switch jobs since he owns the building. So he feels trapped. So he drinks.

He super smart, has a phenomenol memory and so far the drinking, depression and poor sleep haven't affected his practice.

I did some art today for "me time,"and plan to go to alanon this Friday.