View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 09:26 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
DayTrader
12-Step Recovered Alkie

I'm with Mark on this one. If you're not happy where you are, why are you doing it? Life's not meant to be lived unhappily. If I couldn't go on vacations, couldn't walk into certain stores, couldn't go to concerts, couldn't do this,that or the other...and it bugged me all the time... IF I WASNT TRULY HAPPY IN SOBRIETY.....I'd just go back to drinking. Who knows, maybe I'd be able to find a way to make it work this next time?

I dunno bud ... I've gotta go with choosing one of the three:
1. Stay the way you are - which sounds like your experience is that the present isn't so hot.
2. go back to drinking like you want to and take some classes on codependency or seek out some therapy that works for you so you can get past being so worried about what others think.
3. Determine if you're an alcoholic and, if you are, you've got two sub-choices:
-----a: get recovered
-----b: die an alcoholic death (which can be done by living a life of hell year after year after year after year after year... the lucky ones die in car accidents of from liver failure or something like that)

Door #3 Option A is working wonders for me.....and it's taken care of a whole TON of issues WAY beyond just my "drinking problem."