Thread: help
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 12:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
zayra77

help

hi i'm new here and i am going through a really hard time. My boyfriend has been in rehab for 3 months and has around 3 more months left. I can't have any contact with him. I really want to support him and have been doing everything in my power to be there for him, even though he can't see it with his own eyes. We have been together for four and a half years and our relationship was always out of control. i KNOW he is codependent and so am i.
I want him to get better and be happy, and i want the same thing for myself. I am really willing to do anything to help him and save our relationship. His sister recently told me that the last time she saw him ( She gets to see him every two weeks) he said he realized i was really harming him, i was a big problem in his life. I don't know what to do since i cant really talk to him and know exactly how he feels. I know that our relationship wasn't healthy but i really love him, and i think we could really save our relationship if both of us put an effort into it...
i don't know... I'm really confused, all i know is i want him to be happy, and would respect his decision, but i really wish we could solve all our problems, heal our wounds, and have a future together once he recovers
what should i do right now?