View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 05:50 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
reddog63

Hello Forum....well I do believe right now that today is the day to work on beating this thing down. Will work on going with the flow of it all and take it one minute at a time, one hour, one day...whatever it takes.

Question yet again for those here. I beat down a pain med addiction as I have mentioned before. It was heavy duty, and I did it by doing a CT jump off of everything but 1 type of pill. Suffered for some time with the WDs and then tapered off the final pill to ease on out and mitigate symptoms. Worked like a charm for me do to my will power to want off the meds. I am at the same point with drinking now and want out. I was wondering is there such a thing as an "alcohol taper" that could work the same way a drug taper does? Allow myself a few beers every other day, and work on droping the amount each week again to try and mitigate the WD symptoms. I know I am strong enough to work this to my advantage if it will. Has anyone every heard of such a thing, or been successful at something similar.

Later

Last edited by reddog63; 09-20-2010 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Typo corrections