View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 05:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

My first reaction reading your post was, "What did YOU want to do?" i have had to do a lot of work in taking 100% responsibility for my wants. That means identifying them, communicating them, pursuing them, and owning the outcomes of pursuing them. In this situation, that might have meant saying "I want to go to so I will follow you in my car or meet you guys there. You are welcome to sit with me if you would like." not sure if this applies for you or not just thought I'd share.

About this:
"I do not do well with last minute change of plans. I can't figure out the simplest of situations sometimes. I obsess about doing the right thing in social situations, or about what people are *really* thinking, or if I'm being a dummy, or......endless."
ME TOO! All my life. I attribute it now mostly to my ADD diagnosis and try to go easy on myself. I also am actively practicing surrounding myself only with people who, when I associate with them, I do not walk Away feeling like this. It has been part of my work in identying my needs and getting them met. Its still hard sometimes but boundaries help, so does Discernment, and eliminating toxic people from my life.

I sincerely hope you feel better SOON. Dont sweat the small stuff honey. Focus on all the GOOD you do and experienced this week