View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 11:49 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

Oh ItsMe, I get it ! I also rented a bungalow in my university years. It was an old couple. Everything was good until one of them retired, or became unenmployed or something. He increased my rent and THE DOORMAT TC999 ACCEPTED WITHOUT SAYING ANYTHING! Then when I left they wouldn't give me my deposit back - I went with a friend, the "lady" didn't let him pass and proceeded to yell at me gibberish (something about me having arranged something with their cleaning lady.. WTF??). I believe they were desperate and without money and hoped they would scare me away and -well, STEAL from me. It was horrible!! I hate bullies as well. Man is it stressful....

Also you know not long ago I was crying my heart out to 2 policemen due to bully neighbors, one of them yelled insults at me for 2 minutes. WTF. I think she broke a World guiness record for colorful vocabulary.... I felt so very vulnerable then.

Ah the precious gift of not having to see any of them ever again.

That was then and FINALLY I am in a safer place where the neighbor smiles and cooks hot cakes and minds her own business...you will be in a peaceful place and all this will be in the past.... I am proud that you talked about your boundaries, THAT TAKES GUTS.

The property away from everything sounds like a paradise to me.. perhaps you could consider renting there, just to be away from that bully landlord? and when you are there with peace and safety you can keep looking for other places that are more suitable in the long run.

Hugs!! sending good vibes your way!!