View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 06:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
mama36
Awaiting Email Confirmation

It's my birthday, I had a bad day, it's Christmas, it's sunny and hot out, I had a fight with my ex-husband, I got an A on my exam...all great excuses for a bad thing. I used every one in the book...I used to celebrate my birthday for days and omg Christmas - we just called that silly season cause all of December and well into January was okay cause it was festive to entertain and get drunk.

IMO our early recovery is a delicate time and we have to be much more cautious and brave. Stay away from those trigger places even if it means not seeing those friends or celebrating that one occassion. Slips are just slips but too many slips lead to a treacherous fall down a steep hill. It's a slippery slope my friend, and only you can choose to take the steps to remain at the top of the hill. We all have slips, I have stopped and started over and over again, but we have to work it and have faith that this is going to be the last and only we can take the steps to make that happen. I only hope that all of us newbies can remain at the top of the hill until such time that the slope clears a bit and we are a bit more safe.