View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 04:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Eidolon
Is actually a female.

But it was my birthday...

Regardless, I know that's no excuse. Went down to south louisiana to see some friends and eat some good south LA food for my 25th birthday. Saturday night I did fine. Went to dinner at one of my friend's restaurants, then went to one of my other friend's restaurants so he could buy me dessert and my fiance some drinks. That night I took tiny sips, I mean MINISCULE, of my fiance's drinks because they were new and I just wanted to see what they tasted like. I did ok. Stayed sober. Then the next morning, my actual birthday, went to brunch at the other restaurant one of my friend works at. He bought us brunch. And with brunch comes...mimosas. Free mimosas. So I had two and a half of those, a half a shot of scotch (scotch is my FAVORITE alcoholic beverage and I really wanted to try the Glenlivet 21 year) , and one of those mixed shots. I didn't even feel a thing because I was so full. But I drank regardless. It was hardly anything but it was enough to make my fatigue flair terribly a few hours later. I hate myself for it. I went 27 days without a drink and then I just had to fall for the "Its your birthday" bs. I'm trying not to beat myself up so I just keep telling myself "well at least you didn't get drunk. You didn't even get a buzz." But I know that even that little bit of alcohol has set me back in my physical healing process. And that's what sucks the most.