Old 09-13-2010, 08:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SWMNBN
Just Me

How to Climb Out of a Hole.. God I need help...

Hey Everyone,

I am fairly new to the site. I have been reading for a couple of months. But, I finally thought I would create an account and put some stuff out there about myself.

I have thought about getting sober many times in my life. I have put forth some effort but never really enought to stay on it longer then a month at a time. This time this is it... I have been sober now for just a few days. But, still a major work in progress.

Last week I made a really bad decision. I went out got drunk and slept with a total stranger. It wasn't something I intended to do. It was something that happened.

The problem is that I have been happily married for over 6 years. I have been fighting wit myself... do I tell my husband... don't I tell my husband. The guilt is killing me. But, it was a one time thing ... that I have never done before on anyone I have ever dated. And, it isn't something I would ever do again. So, do I tell my husband and lose all the trust that we have in each other? Or do I just sit on it... and nurse my own guilt... and remember that it was my decision... and I have to take responsiblity for my own life.

I really am torn... and in need of some help...

Thanks,
SHMNBN