Thread: Hi...New here
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 01:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
3jen

Thanks to everyone that has responded so quickly, I appreciate the thoughts and feedback.

The question for you, though, IMO, is how well-rounded is your life? Do you have a place to go to during the day, such as a place of employment? Do you have friends and family who you enjoy spending time with and do you do so on a regular basis? What are you doing with your life while your spouse is at his meetings?

To answer that I will give you alittle background. For the past 19 years I have been a stay-at-home mom to our boys, but rarely at home, lol! I have been very involved the past 10+ years in non-profit volunteer management, primarily within the PTA organization. I was very involved, a leader at the local, regional and State level...the past two yrs. I was Council PTA President in our school district, overseeing all 37 PTAs in our district. It really became a job, but I loved it and the involvement within our school district. At times hubby resented the time that PTA took. I also served as a volunteer in other organizations, have many friends and family lives here. My hubby was also very involved in the community. We both realized that we were spending too much time in outside activities and needed to cut back to spend more quality time together. So...I "retired" from PTA, and am currently trying to reenter the workforce. Ironically, I interviewed this wk with the MADD organization in our area as a Volunteer Coordinator. While my hubby is at meetings, I am usually at home with our boys. He works from our home, leaves most nights around 5-5:30...works out at gym and then goes to 7 p.m. meetings, usually getting home around 8:30-9. Part of my feelings may be due to the fact that we both said we needed to cut back, which I have, and now he is gone most nights.