View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 09:32 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Cottonwoodchris

I quit first time in May of 2007. I had to quit. I was on a kidney machine after drinking for over 20 years. It didn't get really bad until 2006 when it was a 750ml bottle a day. I didn't drink wine or beer.

Mid- June, they took the tubes out of my chest, God had given me my kidneys back. I was fine up until this last January. I went to visit family in Arizona. They were having wine with dinner, I thought "it won't hurt to have a glass or two" . Yeah, right. For the next 3 days, I had several glasses of wine at dinner. But only dinner. I had Green Tea or soda during the day.

Waiting for my return flight at the airport, I really had to supress the thought of going to the bar while waiting. Got home and was fine for a while. Then I sad, "maybe just one" It was all downhill from there. Finally came to my senses last week, after a "little" trip to the ER: I passed out at work and fell and hit my head. My BAC was .23. Funny how you don't notice it, jus to feel "normal" you have to increase the volume.

Thursday the 2nd, I poured it all out. A nurse friend came by on Saturday and checked me out and gave me a few Zanax to help with detox, which was the worst thing I have even been thru. I'm not ever going thru that again. Ever. Day 11 and feeling good!