View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 03:42 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
BurningChrome

Day 7 for me. I was doing great until April when I got laid off and my wife broke her hip 4 days later. I slipped (and slipped, and slipped, etc.). Decided to have my 1st physical exam in 15 yrs. (just turned 51). Told the doc to test _Everything_. He calls back and says, everything is great except your testostorone level for your age is about 15% of what it should be and that can (and probably is) causing _All_ sorts of problems, i.e. wild mood swings, sleeping disorders, fat gain, muscle loss, etc... I said yep, been feeling all those over the past 6-12 months... Heck, if I got a $1,000 a night hooker, I'd probably get $25 of value out of the deal ;-) So I am seeing an endocrinologist this week who will help me get things back on balance and I think that will make a world of difference.... I know it surely was not helping things! But I was several months sober when the job went south and my wife injured myself and once again, I let the stress get to me and slid back down that hole. Trudging up again.... It may take me awhile but damned if I am going to stay down!!! Here I go again!!!! I'm in!

...Mike