Thread: I did it!!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 09:00 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
mama36
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Lexie, first of all my favorite book of ALL TIME is "The Art of Happiness", The Dalai Lama...Buddhism, though it is not something I completely live by, is a wonderful and peaceful way to live. I have some very wonderful Buddha figures in my home and from time to time I rub their tummies...lol.

Thanks for all of the encouragement. I DO realize that I have to connect with a female and do realize the problems that can arise from confiding too much in a male at this point. I have been in that position in the past, not at AA but in other areas of my life. I do have a lady that emails back and forth with me that I met through the AA Intergroup and for now she is where I try to connect and share more than I would with a man.

I am starting my Big Book today and I feel good about that. I am excited but scared at the same time.

One question, since I don't know the ins and outs just yet, can I start working the 12 steps on my own? I have been working a bit on steps 1 - 3 so far but not sure if this is something I am supposed to do on my own.

((((All))))