View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 09:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
coyote21
Awakening

Originally Posted by ItsmeAlice View Post
I have been renting a room in a house for almost a year now since my Ex friend booted me from her basement in a rage. The situation has been stable for me, but I have been looking for more space on my budget. Nothing I could afford out there so I've stayed.

The drama always just blows on over without my getting involved much. I have learned to stick to my boundaries, detach, and move on with my own business.

After a lay off my landlord has become increasingly difficult to deal with. He's very angry and has been highly agitated about anything and everything especially anything to do with finances and bills.

Long story less long....he recently began entering my locked room when I go out. I assumed it was about items being left on in here. I have left a lamp on at night for my dogs and to keep from coming home to a dark house for safety. I've left my TV on when there's been noise outside to keep the dogs from barking. I have been finding things shut off, signs someone has been in my room, my cats hiding in the closet, and my dogs highly agitated. I do not have a web cam or such thing to set up so I set little clues so I would know if someone came it. It would have to be my landlord or someone let in by him, as he is the only one with a key but me.

I started shutting everything off including my computer when I'd go out. I used a battery powered lantern for the dogs and still someone was coming in.

Today, I was out in the morning with all the shades up. No need for lights or such, and still someone came in.

I'd hit my limit.

This has been a violation of my privacy and my rights as a tenant and I've doubted my instincts long enough.

Today, I was polite and upbeat and asked if there was an emergency of some kind around here. He was angry as usual and said no. I asked if he went in my room for some reason (given the lack of emergency). He was defensive and said no. I know the truth so lying to me only seals his fate with me.
I put on my firmest tone without raising my voice and without an ounce of hesitation I told him if daily inspections of my room were going to be required he need to tell me so formally. If not, I consider his entering my room an invasion of privacy and I do not like it and will not have it. I ended with "okay?" asking for understanding and he grumbled a low "okay" back.

Since that time, the retaliation from him has been the most pathetic display. He took all the nightlights out of the house that light my way to the kitchen at night (since I can't get to the switches without nativating in the dark and getting hurt). He rearranged shelves putting my things on the top (I'm 5'3"). He moved all his cars (8 of them) close to the house so I have to park down hill and almost at the neighbor's farm.

I have a call in to a realtor, most of my stuff is still in storage so there's not much to move, my horses are safe across town as I declined to move them to his farm with me, and I've already consulted an attorney about my circumstances.

I'm feeling the hands of my HP again on my back about to push me. It happened when I didn't get the hint with XABF (shove), it happened when I got too comfy at my friend's place (shove), and now this nonsense.

I want to go with the flow and take the hint this time. I've got a plan, some good options and I'm making the calls, but there is still this unrelenting fear that it won't work out. That it will just be another bad hole I fall into. I so want to be lifted by my HP's plan and not find even more hard lessons to learn around the corner. I'm just weary from the lessons of this last year and not sure I can bear any more

How do you let go and take the lead of a universe without this internal panic??

Alice

I still get the internal panic sometimes, it used to wash over me and I could feel the poison (cortisol?) being released into my blood stream, it is awful.

It sucks away my hard won serenity, I've learned if I can just catch it quickly, I can make a conscious effort to stop the fear.

I use faith, I know my HP wants me to be safe, secure and at peace. I trust that HP always has my best interest at heart, and if for some reason it doesn't LOOK that way right now, it's usually because I just don't see the whole "parade", I can only see the small part in front of me.

I say this stuff out loud to myself, it's far more powerful than just thinking it.

I think you are doing all you can right now, short of trying to "take control" and force answers or solutions. You have done everything in your power, now you have to let go of the outcome of your actions.

Sit, be still, calm your mind/body and wait for the universe to present the answers to you. I know if I am preoccupied with panic and fear, the answers will come but I will miss them. Use all the tools you've learned here.

Oh, and good for you for standing up to you landlord, you make me proud. Some people really annoy me, especially the passive-aggressive cowards. Whadda baby.

I don't think these last two places have been holes you have fallen into. They were solutions to you needs at the time, they've served their purposes, and it's just time to move on now. You didn't make any big glaring mistakes either time.

Sending you some MOJO.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote