Thread: I did it!!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 09:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SweetCityWoman

Mama - I totally identify with your first AA experience. I had mine about 2 weeks ago and I felt so good and so brave and so thankful I went. People on this forum helped me get up the courage and once you get to the first meeting it is so much easier to try out other ones. This I have been doing for the past 2 weeks. Just went to a great one this evening - walked over with one of my dogs. It was a very small one and very intimate and fantastic. I just loved it. I also found a couple of others I like very much. I actually look forward to going. Not sure how it will ultimately go for me but I am well beyond just giving it a try. I am sure I will find my own pattern of what works and feels best for me. I have one immediate goal - to stay sober. After a meeting earlier this week I walked with 2 people I met at the same meeting the week before and we went to a park and sat and talked. So different but we shared something very impt. that connects us all.

So happy for you and your first meeting. Try out different ones (if available where you live). Each group is so very different.