Old 09-10-2010, 08:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
yeahgr8

At the end of the day we all make up AA...

Them and us...if only it were that transparent for the newcomers, unfortunately when i walked into AA, like others i have heard share, i assumed that everyone there was sober and knew what they were doing...i was lucky enough to find a good sponsor who had worked the steps and had a spiritual awakening...but then again i believe if the pupil is ready the teacher will appear...

So...i do accept that maybe 10-15% of the room will be recovered...and i do accept that if God wants one of them to help a newcomer who is ready then he will, in some way, get them together...

Where is my responsibility? Well to attend meetings so that i am there when the new guy needs help and also to keep myself spiritually fit whilst also being a good representation of the solution of AA...

I have to be honest it scares the hell out of me to think that the next cliff might bump into someone who tells them to just come to meetings and everything will get better but like i said if it's their time to get sober and they are ready and God's will is for them to do so then they will bump into that recovered guy or girl...

That's about it for me the rest we could carry on talking about forever and come to no real answer or conclusion...it is what it is and its not perfect but thats the way it is...