View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 07:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
FreeingMyself

I can very much relate to your situatuion. I have a 1 1/2 years old daughter and a 4 month old son w/ my AH. I have children from my first marriage as well. We have only been married almost 3years. His drinking was SO out of control. We have been seperated for some time now. You said one thing that really made me think about how I use to be. You said you didn't want to divorce or leave him permanently, but you want HIM to get help. It is great that you want him to get help, but I can tell you from experience there is nothing you can say or do to make HIM want to do that, only he can. I had to decide if I could live with him as he was, or I need to make changes because the only person I can make decisions for is me. I am still working on my life....and the future, but I can assure that I have tried in the past to make himr ealize he needed to stop....and he still drinks....the difference now is that I don't have to live with it and I won't! I know this is a difficult time for you..I've been there....take care of yourself and focus on your baby now.