View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 07:24 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
mama36
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Thanks topspin. I am so thankful that the people here can relate. I was in a terrible place when I came home from work tonight and I admit, I was snappy with my husband and he had the audacity to say, "what's wrong with you". Now don't get me wrong, I have no right to be short with him but should he not know what is "wrong with me"? I love him very much but from the standpoint of a person who can drink loads if he wants to and just turn it off and not have it bother him it makes me angry. People do not understand.

You know, for years when I drank and then beat myself up about it my hubby said I was just being hard on myself for having a good time - he loves to drink with me. Then on or around day 5 of straight drinking each night, my power would run out and the real drunk Donna would shine through angry and ignorant, mean to all around me and then the next day the hangover and then start with the, "you beat yourself up too much" speach while I laid on the couch or stayed in bed any chance I got with no energy or will to do anything.

Anyway, just a bit of a rant because I am in a bit of a mood. I did some homework with my young boy today and I just couldn't finish it all in one sitting because I was being too short with him. I hope to be better soon than this person who feels aggitated and pissed off. My son said he hates his homereading because I raise my voice at him when he struggles...I so don't want to do that and I have been doing well but tonight there is just no patience. I feel sad for that.

Funny thing - I have been making suppers again lately - hubby was doing most of it for several months now - and today I realized that it has been so long since I planned a week of meals, never mind a day or two I just could not come up with a single idea. We had grilled cheese sangies and tomatoe soup...how creative. That too will just take time.

I'm exhausted and I just need to rest...I hope to sleep tonight.