View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 05:10 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

Kassie, this year's BDAY sucked for me. I don't like BDAYS or set days where you have to feel something. I know in other cultures biological bdays are not celebrated - its more like in SR, that you outgrow a name and chose maybe a different nickname, because its a new you - THAT is a real birthday!

I only went out with a guy and didn't marry or have kids or anything and I also see the ex at the office. I can only imagine how difficult it would be for you if he is your husband and have no acknowledgement or anything.

Yesterday I quarreled with current BF, because for my BDAY he didn't do much for me, and today its his bday - I'm supposedly dressing nice and going to dinner and forget my own plans. And I say, why am I willing to give so much of myself and not receive even half of it? UGH.

Anyway, I agree with the posters in that, every day we get the chance to demonstrate love for ourselves. We have to do that with actions...

In fact every day we can choose to give birth to another version of ourselves... that is a real gift! to realize no one else is more special than us, no day is more special than others, every single moment in life is precious.

Hope you find more ways to pamper yourself anytime! no reason needed, just because Kassie is Kassie, and its enough.