View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 03:12 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Kassie2

well here goes the day.... traffic on the way in - very good!, on the way home I suspected every other car to be intox by the way they were driving all over the place!

When I got to work - I found out I left my cell phone at home. So the calls from my kids would have to wait. Once home, it wasn't there and I had to go on a hunt - found it in the car - don''t know how that happened?!

Work was ok. My supervisor was upset when she found out it was my BD and I was at work and sent me home ( it already 3pm).

My husband ignored me - would not have eye contact and left early.

I want to know on what universe or planet someone ignores you on your BD?! I gave him a card for his and he thanked me for it then. But how do you ignore someone you are married to, have an office next door to at work, and not say HBD or give a card in return. Some acknowledgment! He has always been a tit for tat sort of person including doing nice things so I thought he might give me a card or say something nice. I know about expectations - but he is usually very predictable and I wasn't sure how I would feel or react. I am venting here so that I do not call him instead to whine. I am hurt, not b/c of this but for everything. I just want to know what kind of person does this or what is wrong with him that he can't do something normal that everyone knows to do!

OK, better. I can not tell everyone how special you allowed me to feel from all the good wishes! All very heartful and I got that. I did not have any expectations beyond what I said for today - I planned to go through it and see what happens. It was really mostly ordinary except for the amazing posts here! Enough to brighten and encourage!

Being alone, I partly start to reminesce - my BD growing up were usually the first day of school - for me getting out of my house was a pleasant experience and escape from the chaos. As an adult - I did what I could - sometimes my expectations to make up for lost time got in the way, but mostly they were ok. Never what I dreamed of but then life doesn't look like the tv or movie scripts. I am ok and that is important.

Reading a few posts, I appreciate everyone taking the time to make me feel special for a day. I especially want to thank those who shared their challenges as it always reminds me of my blessings - the first one being that I am never really alone in this journey.

Tonight will be restful. I don't have to eat healthy today but I really like what I am having! Tommorrow is another day -(I think that is in someone's script ha ha) Things will go back to normal as normal is.

Thank you for sharing this day with me. I love it and it made me feel just I needed to feel for one day - special. Thanks for recognizing that one.