View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 02:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Angelic17

Originally Posted by Kindeyes View Post
Angelic17
I am so very happy for you but even more so for your son. I hope to someday have the opportunity to get to know my son again as you have. I will keep you both in my prayers.

gentle hugs

Kindeyes, you will get to know your son again. I went through years of torment and suffering with my son's addiction, and still at this moment, I know it could go sideways at any given moment. I take nothing for granted anymore. I do believe you will get the chance to know your boy again. It took years for my son and I to get to this point. My son is 29 now, and he didn't start using hard drugs until the age of 25. So it's been 4 years of straight horror. If my memory is correct, your son is a bit younger than mine? There is always hope, and I do know how you feel. It's awful to see our children ruining their lives and their health, and frustrating not to be able to do a thing about it. Prayers will be going up for your son, and so many others who are battling this awful thing we call addiction. My heart goes out to you kindeyes. Just 5 months ago, I didn't know where my son was, or what he was doing. He was out there. Hang on to hope. Hope and Prayer is what got me through the tough times. I am praying for your son.