View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 07:39 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
zbear23

I did lots of moving around....what we sometimes refer to as "geographic cures." They never worked, because I always took myself with me.

Alcohol was one of my addictions, but I also used lots of other stuff, especially pot. The problem with not drinking, but using other substances to "feel good," is that it always took me back to my favorite "feel good": alcohol. I can not use mood altering substances in safety. Eventually I alway end up right back where I was....the only difference being that it got worse and worse each time.

Finally, I substituted AA for my addictions. Depending on AA to teach me a new design for living, I eventually was able to empower myself, to love myself and even stop "depending" on AA. Now I am able to regulate my own feelings without outside help. It was not easy. It was not quick. But I can now quote our Big Book and state with some certainty that I now "live a life that is second to none." Happy, joyous and free"....no matter where I may be.

And btw, smoking pot will surely defeat your job seeking if drug testing is involved. It remains in your system for around 30 days.

blessings
zenbear