Old 09-06-2010, 02:30 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
klar

Quick Update

Hi all.

Sorry for the delay. Thanks so much for the replies, comments, suggestions, and support!

I'm on Day 12 and doing pretty well. The past 12 days have been challenging. Last week I was at the largest tradeshow in our industry, and social drinking in the evenings is the norm. Yesterday was the first evening where I didn't feel like I wanted a drink around 6:00pm. The rest of the days I've had cravings and the thought of a drink often popped in my head. I've been very tired and getting lots of sleep. That and the cravings are the only physical issues I have dealt with. I had a little "creative" explaining to do with the work crowd as to why I was drinking soda and not beer. After the first couple of days, the "got it" and weren't offering.

On the positive side I definately feel better both physically and mentally. I'm not as crabby, aggitated, or annoyed by certain things. I can feel creativity and excitement coming back. I've lost a few pounds eventhough I was eating out the entire last week.

I've got a couple weeks here at home and then I travel to Las Vegas for another tradeshow. I'm bringing my girlfriend as her birhtday present. I'm confident that I can make it through this next test without any problems, but it will be challenging nevertheless.

Thanks again to everyone. I hope to have some positive updates in the near future.

My best to all of you.