View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 12:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Kmber2010

First off you are not a failure. No one who has the want and desire to change their lives is ever a failure!

While I can't speak much on the AA piece (others here have much more insight and knowledge with that program) I can tell you that I combined SR with face to face support. Having a person (for me it was my counselor) who I shared the journey with and it has been tremendous in getting me going with recovery.

I do suggest that perhaps focusing a bit more on one obstacle at a time may help. I found that focusing on my alcoholism and improving my entire lifestyle has extended to all other areas I had wanted to improve. I could not look at everything upfront but broke each area down and tackled it with baby steps.

In recovery.....I have not only learned that life can be amazing without the crutch of alcohol but I have improved my diet, added exercise, got a job (not the dream gig but a start which is what I needed to get going), improved my relationships with others, and just have a more peaceful, calm outlook on life.

My life is far from perfection but I have gained the inner strength that I have so needed to say that anything is possible and I can do this.

Stay strong and definitely keep on with the support. Do not overwhelm yourself my friend. You set your goals and you will do it. Use the tools available and I too put on a lot of faith in my HP to see me through when I didn't have the answer.

Keep sharing.