View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 08:03 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
mariellen

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
as i've gotten older, it is MUCH harder to lose weight too. I really have to concentrate on both working out and watching my carbs/white foods...which I try to avoid....when I was drinking i was inching closer and closer to typeII diabetes.

my cravings for sweets have somewhat disapated with some good summer fruits available, but I do reward myself with of all things Twizzlers...(which i never ate before)and if a small dish of ice cream helps me sleep instead of wine, i fugure it's a good trade.

your ob-gyno may be able to help you if you still have trouble getting weight off, but I would give your body a few weeks to regulate itself. you certainly get enough exercise and probably eat well...you have muscle on your body which burns more calories than fat.

when i get back to my work computer on Tuesday I will check Tom Venuto's e-book that is stored on there "Burn the Fat-Feed the Muscle"..he has a lot of good information.

again thanks for starting this thread, i find it motivating...the dog and I were out at 8AM today, we did a mile.
Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle is an awsome book! Good luck.