Old 09-05-2010, 07:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
endzoner
Being Me for the first time

Peta.. your sponcer is correct .. he should know better for one , Speaking from experience tho in the end was differant .. but yet its the same , I too got hooked up in a situation was a blind date as well .. but he in the program an I was just shy of 2 months . we became very good friends etc .. I felt as tho the relationship and the attention I was getting replaced the desire to drink and tho I was still workin my progam and learning much from him . I go back to my journals and read and see how overly obsessed I was with him , I wouldnt leave the house now do anything that maybe would cause me to miss a call ( didnt have a cell at the time ) this went on for over a yr and at this point had fallin deep in love with the man . tho he said in the beginnin that wasnt going to happen on his end . and I shouldnt do that either . well to late it happend and then he met a woman who he ended up falling in love with and married .. I was devistated ! to say the least .. I didnt return to the drink , I had good footing .. but it was as tho I had just giving up the drink I felt lonly abandoned all the emotions one feels when you give up the drink .. I should of known better . Im the one who went against the suggestions of those in AA .. sure he knew better , But I cant control him , I can only control myself .. I made the choice ... today were very good friends as I stated the end is diff .. I did learn much of my program thu him . It took some yrs to get to the point of being friends in the beginning i thought being " just " friends even tho he was marring , It would re open that door for the relationship we had , sick thinkin but im a alki and we all have that in us . anything to return to the drink thinkin but it was anything to return to the way things were with him . did I learn a lesson ? ooh big time lesson and I share my experience with those who think its smart to start a realtionship esp with someone in the program .. so I say this to you and to others .. " date recovery first " if you can maintain a realtionship with it for a yr or 2 .. then its fine to date another but never forget your true love of recovery it will never do you wrong ! I hope you make the right choice . it wont be easy but just do it .. huggles and best of love to you ~ huggles Endzy ~