View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 12:21 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
newnormal4me

Wow, I just said that in my first post here. I sure hope people don't walk away from me for it?

I say it about my dad because I know without a doubt he made some "attempts" in the best way he was capable of doing at the time. No doubt, his choices also probably put his kids at risk when we were with him. I thank the Lord above that I never had to experience a horrible tragedy from it. Maybe I'd think otherwise. But I don't say it in any way to say he even came close to what a parent should be doing. Maybe I need to dwell on this a little more?

I guess it is something that is relevant to its own perspective. In my case, I don't feel out of line making that statement about my dad. Maybe it's easier since he is dead? Maybe it's easier now for me knowing that he probably was dealing with PTS syndrome that wasn't even thought of at the time. He was in wars - WWII and Korea. He was a child of the depression. I don't think I'm making excuses for him, but maybe I am. I just know he had one heck of a hard life...

Here's another thing (and I apologize if this has been addressed since I haven't read through all the responses yet), but I'm not angry at my dad. I don't know that I have ever felt much of that towards him. Should I be???? Maybe that is why it is easier for me to say this?

Oh well...this post is making me think.