View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 10:09 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
tormentedmirror
Behind the Red Door

Originally Posted by keepinon View Post
In my experience part of rehab is getting people to take responsibility and stand on thir own two feet. She is in her 20's..maybe it is time and if Dad csn look at it as a sign of her personal growth in recovery and not as a rejection of him, it'll be ok. Yes, addiction/recovery brings up all kinds of stuff. You can tell your husband from someone who has been ther...it is VERY hard when they come home, at least for me. I was trying so hard not to watch her every move and keep track of her sobriety. My 18 yr, old wants to go to to an SLE after rehab this time and I am SOOO grateful. Exhausting trying to stay out of their recovery when under your own roof! Puts THEM squarely in charge. where they should be. This was all a shock to you guys very recently..some more time and recovery will probably help Dad put it in perspective.
He's heartbroken. I hate to see him this way. Not to be mean, but I do feel he brought it on himself. I just don't know where I stand in all this. Because she has started on her extended stay, there are no longer visits or meetings. I'm left wondering if she'll call, and if she'll want to see me.

I'm confused all over again.