View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 09:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
chip77

ALWAYS a fight....

Hello. I am also currently dating an addict. I am here to try to get some more information. At the beginning of our relationship he told me about his addition and his recovery. On the other hand he had exaggerated a bit on the length of time since his recovery.... things moved rather quickly and we ended up pretty much living together. He has a great job, as do I... I am pretty sure, a year and a half into our relationship he is clean. After dating a bit, I came to learn he had only been out of rehab for about a week and a half when we started hanging out. Lately, things have been rocky. There are fights over stupid things because " He cant show his love the way i do" and any time he is angry it is because " I MAKE HIM MAD, its ALWAYYYSSS because of i MADE him act this way." His emotional outbursts are very overwhelming... Im here looking for some advice.... ive been told recovering addicts should not jump into a relationship... which I unknowingly did... Ive also been told RA's have a difficult time accepting responsibility for their actions and have a tendency to place the blame on any one but themselves... any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated.