Old 08-31-2010, 07:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
24hrsAday

Wink

Originally Posted by TacoDude View Post
I'm approaching day 3 of sobriety, and have taken a number of steps to help assist me in staying sober. I've read through quite a bit of AA material, and have to say there's a lot of really helpful teachings, but on the other hand...there's some stuff I just can't swallow or agree with no matter how I look at it.

I get the feeling from a number of AA folks over the years that they feel AA is the only TRUE path to sobriety and if not followed to the letter and for the remainder of one's life will result in certain relapse and ultimately death.

That said, have any of you regularly gone to AA mainly for the purpose of sharing and or getting support, but disregarded the stuff that didn't work for you? Can one get a sponsor even if you are not working the 12 steps exactly as prescribed?
Welcome To SR TacoDude.. The Only True Path To Sobriety is To Stop Drinking.. i Have Had Good Results With A.A. and Have Not Followed Anything To The Letter (i Don't Think) an Honest Desire To Quit Drinking is all You Need To Give it a Try..