Old 08-31-2010, 05:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ainslie

Hey, im 29 with 22 months sober......I havent been to AA or partaken in any official recovery program - just SR and lots of books. However if I was in a city that offered lots of different types of face to face meetings - AA, RR, SMART, etc - id go to them all! I think you can learn something positive from every program....

I have what I consider to be a non aa sponsor - my Dad (lol). Hes in recovery too - I think its paramount to have someone in recovery that you look up to and can trust to call on any time. Now I havent actually seen my dad since ive been sober, but our email/phone contact is sufficient.

Keep posting here mate, youll find people doing recovery all sorts of ways....and some that believe their way is the only way. Personally I just read everything I can find concerning addiction and my specific anxiety issues and post/read here, and here I am 22 months later If you like reading, check out the book lovers section - theres LOADS of recommendations for books to read in early sobriety.

Good Luck and Welcome and congratulations on your 3 days - almost halfway to a week