View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 05:31 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
chicory

Originally Posted by justjo View Post
Hi Chicory

You keep saying that you think your son has a mental problem and at 38 he cant do it all by himself and that you dont ever think he is capable. Thats like saying that a blind person will never be able to go out in the sunshine and find their way to the store simply because they are blind. You know that is b_llsh_t, dont you.

Thank you jj, for saying it is not too late. God bless you, for being so lovingly strong for your precious son. I hope that he is doing well.

My daughters also think that he will never make it on his own. I think that it is the fact that you cannot talk to him. reason with him. get him to listen. he has a very stubborn mindset. he does not wish to let go of his joys- drink and pot.
do you mean to say that there is never a mental condition in a person that can make it impossible for them to make it on their own? what about homeless people who never make it?

I think that it is unclear if my son has a mental condition or if he is mentally impaired from being an alcoholic (i believe) and an addictive person , living his hellish life, which he could possibly change. I hold a small hope. and I do admit that maybe it is entirely possible for him. but I am so afraid that it is going to take a great big change, for him to want change, and to want to not abuse drugs and alcohol.
I appreciate you, and thank you,
chicory

Last edited by DesertEyes; 09-01-2010 at 05:21 PM. Reason: fixed broken quote