View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 04:12 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Bucyn

Originally Posted by barb dwyer View Post
Men who are abusive are also not likely to obey a restraining order.
This is true, even my ex, the cowardly little momma's boy, who likes to play that he's so reasonable, so calm, so eagar to avoid trouble, just wants to get along, etc... refused to follow his restraining order. He found a sneaky way to get around it, pretending he needed to take his daughter to the only bus stop of six in our neighborhood that violated the order rather than drop her off at school (which she wasn't supposed to be attending since she now lived out of district). It gave him the opportunity to drive past the mouth of our cul de sac and monitor which cars were in the drive and to watch the back of the house between the houses on the other side of the street, and to gossip with the neighbors (who then knocked on my door to 'warn' what he was saying, until I told them to mind their own business).

And all under the guise that he was such a devoted father who just wanted what was best for his little girl. After all, he was such a noble man who just loved his mother....

Abusive people do not take no for an answer. They just have to show you that they can get away with it, that no one can tell them what to do.