Thread: Rough night
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 11:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
JessiJoy

Originally Posted by ChrrisT View Post

And this just sound crazy - this is his biological child?
Yes. It is his biological child. I got pregnant with twins when I was 17. They're very different boys. One is very practical and capable and athletic. This kid was repairing his car using the computer readouts he got from Auto Zone and youtube videos. He did not grow up fixing cars with his dad, he just did this on his own. The other son is quieter, likes to read and write and draw. Is into anime. His friends are different - good kids just a bit socially awkward. You know, the Pokemon crowd. :-)

My husband can't stand it when anyone does things differently than he thinks they should and this son is very different than my husband. If he buys a book or movie or video game my husband get's mad because in his mind that stuff is a waste of money. If he buys a soda at the convenience store my husband gets made because he could have gotten it for less buying a 12 pack at the grocery store. If he eats a frozen pizza at midnight my husband gets mad because he shouldn't be eating so late at night and if he's hungry he should make a sandwich instead. (Um, hello? When you were his age you were getting drunk every night and had 2 kids. Let the kid have a pizza. It's a dollar. We can afford it.) This son doesn't talk back, just listens and then goes to his room. I will step in when I hear it but I go to bed early so am not sure what happens when I'm asleep. He just has no respect for this son.

I don't know how I'm going to repair the damage that's been done to him, that I've allowed, but I will do everything I can.