View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 05:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((DeVon))) - I totally agree about the art of customer service dying. As you know, I work in a McD's. I'm used to treating my customers (yes, each and every one) as a human...not a wallet. I'm constantly being told I'm not moving fast enough (because I got a customer a straw, so he wouldn't have to walk over to the drink station to get one), or "pushed" to speed up.

This is where MY codie recovery comes in. I'm not working in a cattle-herding factory, and though I don't carry on long conversations with my customers, when it's busy, I WILL treat them with respect and listen to them. If their food is wrong, they get it re-done, often with something "free" thrown in. I've had several customers tell me they only come in when I'm working, because I'm "nice" and I talk to them.

It is causing a lot of frustration, on my part, and I am looking for another job, but I guess if I got fired because I was "too nice to the customers" that wouldn't be such a bad thing?

The sad part is, our store owner doesn't "get it". We've got people quitting left and right, and she just hires new people who don't stay there long. She talks down to us, as if we don't have a brain.

I'm glad you're writing the letter. I would, too. It may not change anything, but it lets them know they've lost a good customer, and if they don't get it together, they will probably lose more. Word of mouth goes a LONG way in a small town place

Hugs and prayers,

Amy