View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 12:38 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

Hey man. I know for me then I don't think at all like I used to do back when I was on the booze and drugs.

This is thanks to my recovery. If I thought like I used to then I would have either drank again, or been totally miserable. I have been neither thankfully.

I used to smoke quite a bit of weed when i was younger, everyday. But I kind of grew out of it and progressed up the scale. I couldn't be doing with the paranoia and lethargy it produced. Very lazy drug.

I think it simply cannot be an option. Period. Do what you gotta do to make sure you don;t light that first spliff 'just for today'. I can appreciate how it may be hard at NA as there are a lot of Opiate addicts there and cannabis maybe viewed as somewhat lesser a problem. But if you're an addict then any drug is there to be abused. I know I'm an addict and would abuse any drug. The inherent fact that weed makes you fall asleep and not want to really go out causing chaos means it can be used ina functioning way on the one hand, but on the other hand it can become a problem as it can be so anti-social and lazy. Just my experince there, you're probably totally different and living in Holland it must be tricky as the sh*t is good sh*t and you can just go buy out legitmately.

All The Best. Peace.