View Single Post
Old 07-10-2004, 01:29 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
lilafran

Congratulations Madeline

Hi,

The days of withdrawal are terrible, but keep as busy as you can. Great Progress :bunny1: I relapsed several times before getting clean and each withdrawal was worst. My greatest regret was that when I began my sobriety, my daughter was 12, and my son 15....but nothing happenes in God's world by mistake and our lives are suppose to unforld just as they do for a reason :rose ( if your HP is Not God, I do not want to offend with my opinion.)I have become a much better person as a result of my addiction! I try to approach the "big-time guilt" by saying, "OK...you cannot change the past, but you can be the best you can right now...the greatest joy for me was the forgiveness of my children. My daughter who is almost 19 now, brings friends home...even their moms sometimes, who are addicts ...so that I can share my experience and hope....I never thought I'd hear my child say, "mama's a recovering addict and I am so proud of what she has done with her life!
Fortunately she never went the "drug route" because she saw what it did to me....My 21 YO son is fighting for our country, and did do the "Party all the time" stuff as a young teen but at ,he began dating the girl who grew up next door, two years later he married her and now I have a two year old grandson who will not have to see me messed up! My son's life has taken a new direction as he says I his hero. I even plan to teach again in the Fall ( thank God I didn't lose my liscense).

Please write ya'll.........Lila