View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 12:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bluebelle

RABF clean for 21 months!

I know I came on here a couple of months ago with all kinds of doubts, but it looks like RABF really has been clean for 21 months. He was drug tested yesterday for a new job, and passed. He is excited about having been clean for so long. He sounds really proud of himself, and I think he should be!

I have been trying to keep my focus on myself. It's not always easy. When I start obsessing about his behavior, I try to remember to focus on my own behavior. I have been doing really well in school, and that is important to me. My next been goal is to work on my credit rating. I can be slow about making payments. I really want to get better organized when it comes to financial stuff. As of right now, my credit is pretty crappy.

Sometimes, it is hard not to remind RABF to do things. You know, like when he forgets to eat breakfast. Or, if he doesn't get his stuff ready the night before he has to do something early in the morning. I'm just trying to have confidence that it is his stuff, and he will do what he needs to do. I then try to remember my own school work, my job, my finances...the things that I should be focused on. The number one thing I try to remember is let go and let God. I try to focus on the fact that he is in God's hands, and is God's responsibility, not mine. It definitely is a one day at a time thing for me!