Old 08-25-2010, 03:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
jmf7dd

Well Charliem in my "OPINION" as a member of AA, I am an alcoholic and I have been from the day i began drinking.... which was around age 7 .... I don't think moderation is possible in the life of an alcoholic. And I don't want anyone to kid themselves of the fact that it takes 'admission' of being and alcoholic to be and alcoholic. It is a disease that has 'symptoms' and these symptoms are often very obvious. I hear stories in AA of people who tried, and I myself have tried, to drink moderately. Often the promises goes something like this. Well I will only drink at social events (parties) and that turns gradually into , well i'll just drink on weekends (party or not) which then turns into, well I'm just gonna drink when ever I want, I can control this thing. I LOL and ROLL, literally ROLL on the floor when I hear this. Because I said those very things, and it was NOT, at all, possible for me. Or anyone else I've talked to that is rigorously honest in their life. But this is only my OPINION. It may be possible, and yet it may lead to a life of binge drinking 'on occasion'.