View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 03:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Angelic17

Rita, Hope is a beautiful thing. And even though someone on this site told me she had no hope for her own addict child, I chose to believe differently. It was a bit of a debate between the two of us. It sounds to me like Ashley is a success story. Alanon will be blessed to hear Ashleys story. And it's stories like this that keeps people like me coming back to this site for more hope and encouragement. My son now has 4 months into his sobriety from opiate drugs and cigarette addiction, and he is back to being himself. 4 months ago I was terrified, thinking my son would be a junkie, and possibly die from his addictions. I'm so glad I didn't give up hope. Even though it felt hopeless at times. When I went to Naranon and Alanon, I listened to a few stories myself, and it opened my eyes to many things. I've never met Ashley, but I am proud of her. It takes courage to stand up and share with so many others. Maybe her story will help some other struggling addict, or thier familes realize that there is alot of hope. GO ASHLEY GO!!!!!!!