View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 06:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
summer017
Then the bird said 'Nevermore'

The terrible truth off addiction? Its absolute resilience, its ability to come back months, years, decades later and destroy everything. (Hopefully only for a short time)

The comforting truth about the human spirit? Our ability to pick up the pieces and get back on the right track.

my (ex)bf an addict in recovery from oxycontin and xanax, has 6 months sobriety and is currently still in inpatient treatment. there's not a day that goes by that i don't think of how much better things are going to be for him and all that is within his (sober) reach. and maybe that is the same problem an addict faces in recovery. when one may forget, even if only for a short time, the importance of living day to day. regardless of how much clean time. an addict is an addict is an addict, i look at sobriety as a life style not simply a bridge to cross.

i will keep you and your family in my thoughts. the great news is that they are fully capable of attaining sobriety! this is only a bump in the road for everyone.

hope is never lost
xoxo