View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 07:47 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Snarf
Snarf Snarf

A thousand thank yous for all the lovely comments! And to think, I had the nerve to get upset about something at work tonight! Then I thought to myself, "Hey man, when you woke up this morning you thought you were gonna be spending the night in a jail cell. Instead, you're at work and making money, so really, what right do you have letting this silliness bother you?" And from then till the end of my shift, I was on Cloud 9.

I know what's ahead of me. I'm ready to face it. But I'll tell you this much; if I had been drinking these last 5 months, I would've been an absolute nervous wreck today, wondering why I always get shafted in life. Instead, I know with all the stuff I'll have to deal with this next year, it's already been worth it. If this is what it took to get me off the alcohol, then I thank God for it, and for the fact that I got the message now before something worse had to happen.

Man, it's such a great feeling to be able to be optimistic in the face of adversity. To not constantly beat myself up over the mistakes I've made. Screw up, learn, don't do it again. I'll take my jail sentence, probation and all that other junk the same way I take my recovery: seriously, and one day at a time.