View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 01:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BklynGrl

What’s the next step?

I decided to start a new post because it came up in my other one and it’s been on my mind a lot. To put it bluntly what’s next?

I left my AH because he didn't think he had a problem and I couldn't sit around and watch anymore, it hurt me too much. I told him I was staying with my dad until he decided what he wanted Alcohol or me. It's been two weeks and it seems like he's working toward recovery, went on a leave of absence from his job, then to detox and started an outpatient program. But I know this isn’t going to be over quickly.

Communication is shaky between us and I certainly don’t have any trust in what he says. The problem is I can only stay at my dad’s house for so long. I’m paying all the bills at our apartment right now and that’s certainly not going to fly for much longer. At some point I’m either going to have to move back in with him, kick him out or we are going to have to permanently separate and both find new places to live.

I just can’t figure out how and when to move to that next step. Originally I was thinking grounds for me going back need to be that he was sober, in treatment daily (either outpatient or AA) and us in couple’s therapy. But I can’t stop second guessing if this is just me continuing to try to control his behavior. And if that’s the case than what is the next step?? So confused