View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 08:54 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
andyston

moron

Originally Posted by keithj View Post
I would guess quite a bit higher based on the people I met in jail. Although not all the crimes were drug or alcohol related, almost everyone I've met had some 'issues' with chemicals.

That's a fairly absurd notion and not very accurate. I'd bet we'd hear about it if the state was killing hundreds or thousands of people. A single death while incarcerated is a big deal. Big news and big investigation. I'm guessing it's very rare.

I've detoxed in jail before. Not fun and not pretty. I do not think it is the state's responsibility. I think medical care is, so they need to keep people alive. But, at least in my case, the state was more concerned with public safety than my personal comfort level. The primary concern wwas to protect the public from me. Secondary concern was maybe whether I seized or not.
people have issues and need help.and it should be their concern to fix it.ur just like the rest u think u have the answer,but u dont.once they take you in it should be there fking ability to help anyone.