View Single Post
Old 07-29-2002, 05:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bonbon

being greatful....

I am at work, I have been complaining all day to myself about my job and how hard I have been working this past week to see that our Software Upgrade goes smoothly, which it HAS NOT. But I am not here to talk about that.

I walked outside a little bit ago to smoke, (not ready to give those up yet) It is the norm to meet patients outside, (I work for a large hospital here in the city.) Well this particular man was sitting outside, and by his clothing I could tell he was a patient. I sat on the bench beside him and said hello, how are you doing?

He then told me he is just fine, enjoying being alive. I smiled...he then told me he just had his 96th surgery on his Krohns Disease he has had for the past 30 years. A close friend of mine has that as well. If you havent heard of that it is a disease for which there is no cure and it basically can get out of control and eat at your large and small intestines, to the point to where you have to have diseased sections removed. Very painful lifelong disease. He had a beautiful smile, his color was good and he was full of life. He told me he owed his life to our hospital, which is good to hear, but he also told me every day he sees the light through the windows when he opens his eyes he doesn't have any other care in the world except being able to breathe.

Sometimes I forget how truly lucky I am just simply to be living. I am healthy, have a healthy child, and by the grace of god I am happy. I know everyone knows that there is so much to be thankful for, but I truly believe when life is getting crazy HP puts people in your life to make you stop, look, slow down, and listen to things around you. Help you to keep focus and keep track of what is really important.

I have been doing ok, I am hopefully getting ready to move into an Apartment, the yard work and extra bills that come with a rent house are really knocking me, and I feel like I want a fresh start in someplace new, I've been starting over mentally, why not start over physcially too. I might even try to exerscise a little bit. (I am terrible I know!)

My new friend I had underestimated, he is still seemingly interested, just still taking that one day at a time though.

My A came to his brothers to get all of his things over the weekend, I think he was shocked I actually had taken his stuff over there for him to pick up. Needless to say, the other woman was who brought him there, they left together after he got his things. It didn't bother me at all.

Hope things are well with everyone......guess I will get back to work! If this place falls apart I am still taking my 2 week vacation on the 9th of August no MATTER WHAT!!!:wink2:

Love you all!!