View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 09:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
summer017
Then the bird said 'Nevermore'

Hello

i have never been one who liked to make plans too far ahead, i am pretty spontaneous and go just with the flow! BUT when it comes to my addict, i need/want to know what will happen. will he stay at rehab? will he stay sober? will we be able to work out our issues? will we end up together? for once in my life, i so desperately need to know what is going to happen!

I know how you feel, I know how frustrating it is! I HAVE FOUND THE ANSWER! Let's go to a PALM READER! lol, no. But what HAS worked for me (and it sounds like you're finding the same) staying busy and trying like hell to keep focused on my happiness and my own sanity. If you and your AH have a chance at continuing your relationship it is going to take work on his part and work on your own. I've heard so many times it takes two healthy people to make a healthy relationship, why couldn't I have known that in the beginning? I am focusing right now on keeping an open mind and heart. Remembering that I was happy in my life before my addicts sickness was spilled over onto me, and I do have the ability to get that back.

"Plant your own garden, instead of waiting for someone else to bring you flowers." So here I am.. planting away! Even though some days I may forget to water!!

let's talk about addictions : yoga and SHOPPING!

xoxo
summer