View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 08:49 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Bernadette

I dont feel like a victim of DV. Is that dumb or what! I do tend to minimize- and I am not minimizing what he did to me at this point- I am physically OK- my throat is sore where he squeezed my neck hard, but no other marks- I am nuts- I know maybe i should feel like a DV victim, so why dont I?

What do you assume a victim of DV feels like? Maybe they feel exactly the way you do.

I like CatsPJ's and other's suggestions to try some DV counseling. Being in a room with people face to face who are going through what you are can help. I know that's part of what was helpful to me in AlAnon - both as an example of recovery and as living examples of the denial and suffering I realized I needed to break out of....

I also know from growing up in an A home that my feelings were numbed, I had pushed so much stuff so far down that it took a while to be able to sit still and answer the questions: Who am I, what do I want, how am I feeling about this or that? Living within the alcoholic insanity left me so disconnected from reality and my self.

Take good care of yourself, and remember time is on your side and you are free to choose what is the next best step for YOU!

peace-
b